Registration & Immunizations
Whether you’re a new neighbor or just beginning your education, we’re happy to welcome new members to the Springfield Platteview Community Schools family. Please give us a call if you have any questions about our registration process.
What Is the Age Requirement to Enter Kindergarten?
Kindergarten registration is available for children who are five years of age on or before July 31 of the calendar year of the school year for which the child is seeking admission.
Students living within district boundaries may complete the online enrollment form; students transferring from another district must complete the Option Enrollment form and submit it to us no later than March 15.
After completing the enrollment form, please bring the following documentation to the school or district office:
- Certified copy of the student’s birth certificate
- Evidence of a physical exam dated within six months prior to the entrance of the beginner grade and the seventh grade, or in the case of a transfer from out of state, to any other grade
- Evidence of a visual examination within six months prior to the entrance of the beginner grade, or in the case of a transfer from out of state, to any other grade
- Immunization records
- We require every student entering seventh grade to receive a booster immunization containing diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and an acellular pertussis vaccine.
- Transfer students: Option Enrollment form, transcripts
In accordance with Nebraska state law, and for the safety of our students, all students must submit written proof of their immunization status. Nebraska requires children to be immunized against the following diseases:
- Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis
- Measles, mumps, and rubella
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (chicken pox)