The SPCS Foundation provides avenues where individuals, organizations, and businesses can help support the school system through tax-deductible contributions. We use these monies to supplement our programs and provide for the unfunded needs of our educational community.
The Foundation is a legally incorporated and non-profit organization established in accordance with state and federal tax guidelines.
The goals and objectives of the SPCS Education Foundation are very simple. We want to improve educational opportunities within the district by providing additional resources for a variety of academic, vocational, and extracurricular programs. These programs directly benefit students, faculty, and the community.
Here's how the foundation helps:
- Monetary awards to recognize meritorious instruction
- Student scholarships
- Promotion of educational technology
- Small grants for innovative instructional opportunities
- Promotion of community educational opportunities
- Career development programs
- Stimulate programs or projects in the humanities
SPCS Foundation Board
An eight member board of directors representing our district and the surrounding community governs the operation of the Foundation.
Current Board of Directors:
- Gene Lieneman, President
- Keith Hentzen, Vice President
- Brett Richards, Treasurer
- Chris Dill, Member
- Kyle Fisher, Member
- Tim Lorenz, Member
- Tom Marshall, Member
- Brenda Sherman, Member
Financial Advisor: John Wright, Morgan Stanley