When it comes to transporting students to and from school, we refuse to compromise on safety or reliability. You can rest easy knowing your children are in good hands when they ride the bus.
We post the route colors on the window closest to the loading door. Although drivers and buses may change throughout the year for various reasons, the route color will always remain the same. Please make sure your children know their route color, and remind them to always check the posted color before boarding any bus.
- Gray – Bus #P589; driver: Ann Riha
- Orange – Bus #586; driver: Dean Shepler
- Blue – Bus #583; drivers: (AM) Christina Turpin (PM) don Enenbach
- Orange and blue shuttle between Springfield Elementary School and the Platteview Jr. and Sr. High School campus.
- Blue picks up from 2nd and Valley in Springfield for shuttle service to the Platteview campus.
- Red – Bus #P22; driver: George Ballard
- Yellow – Bus #P31; driver: David Morey
- Purple – Bus #P187; driver: Kristi Benson
- Pink - Bus #186; driver: Walt Nelson
- Purple and pink shuttle between Westmont Elementary School and the Platteview Jr. and Sr. High School campus.
- Arrive at the bus stop five minutes before the designated time.
- Stay out of the street while waiting for the bus.
- Stay away from the bus until it stops. Do not move toward the bus until the door opens.
- Sit quietly and refrain from rowdy conduct.
- Act as you would in a classroom; no loud talking.
- Put backpacks and other items where they can’t slide or fall.
- Get permission before opening windows, and keep heads and hands inside the bus. Close the window before exiting the bus when possible.
- Be completely quiet when the bus is near a railroad crossing.
- Obey the bus driver as you would a teacher.
- We do not permit any items that are not allowed in school on the bus.
- Never tamper with the bus or any part of its equipment.
When exiting the bus:
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before leaving your seat.
- Line up and let the people closest to the front get off first.
- Move away from the unloading zone immediately.
- Cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus after looking both ways. DO NOT cross in back of the bus. If you must go behind the bus, wait until the bus has driven completely away before crossing.
- We do not allow students to exit the bus anywhere other than their designated stop unless a parent or guardian provides a note to the driver.