Springfield Platteview Community Schools has had the pleasure of serving our students in an exemplary manner for the past six decades. We take pride in consistently providing the very best in curriculum, extracurricular activities, athletics programs, fine arts, and traditional educational experiences.
Springfield Platteview Community Schools received accreditation through AdvancED. To maintain our accreditation status, we must:
- Meet AdvancED quality standards
- Engage in continuous improvement
- Demonstrate quality assurance through an internal and external review
You can learn more about the accreditation process from the documents below, or contact Holli Kirwan in our district office at (402) 592.1300.
On September 30, 1958, residents living in 13 rural Class 1 school districts in Sarpy County, Nebraska, voted affirmatively (by a margin of 6 to 1, and with a 70% turnout) to merge into a single Class III school district. The new district became Springfield Platteview Community Schools.
On April 2, 1959, the patrons of SPCS passed an $890,000 bond issue (with 85% support) to buy land and build a new junior/senior high school that continues to be known as Platteview. We have experienced tremendous change since our beginnings nearly 60 years ago.
- 1960 – Platteview Junior/Senior High
- 1964 – Springfield Elementary School
- 1977 – Springfield Elementary addition
- 1978 – Westmont Elementary School
- 1980 – Platteview Central Junior High School
- 1969 – High school band room added
- 1973 – High school added the north section of classrooms and library
- 1977 – Small high school gymnasium
- 1991 – Vocational education area
- 2000 – LaPlatte Elementary closed due to low enrollment and funding
- 2004 – $6.5 million addition to high school including a 1,400-seat gymnasium, a 600-seat auditorium, a new vocational education wing, a new band room, a new weight room facility, and a new student commons area